Decisions. Decisions. For those who are feeling safe enough to host again, will you pick right back up with short-term renting? Is long-term a more suitable option now? Or maybe something in between, like a mid-term rental? What is a mid-term rental anyway?
We are pleased to have Joel Corcoran, Rational Unicorn Attorney, join us to unpack the rules and legalities around short and long-term renting. And now this new wrinkle, know as mid-term renting.
Joel will help us get clarity around these hot issues:
- What are the differences between short, mid and long-term renting?
- Do each require a city permit?
- Are there rules around each that we should be aware of?
- No Cause Eviction - when is this something hosts need to worry about?
- In what situations do I need a rental contract? And where can I obtain one?
- What kind of liability does a host have for their guests? What if they contract Covid-19 during their stay?
After Joel's presentation we'll jump right into a Q&A to discuss your biggest concerns. Have a question now? Please share it in the link below.
About our presenter:
Joel Corcoran, Rational Unicorn Legal Services Of-Counsel Attorney
- Multipotentialite: attorney, scientist, government-affairs expert, and part-time adventurer
- Business, government, and nonprofit experience
- Focused on helping community-builders and organizers fully engage with government and society
A native Midwesterner, Joel grew up in Nebraska and Illinois before attending Oregon State University, where he earned a B.S. in Biology, an M.S. in Genetics with a Minor in Political Science, and a near-complete second graduate-level degree. He then spent three of the best years of his life at the University of Oregon School of Law. cont.
Virtual Meet-up Pricing:
- Host2Host Members - Free
- Host2Host Guests - $5
- Non Members - $10
Become a Host2Host Member the day of the meet-up and we'll deduct your meet-up fee from membership.
Host2Host supports the individual home-sharing host who is committed to build community, through education, advocacy & professional hospitality.
Video & Photo Release: Host2Host takes video and pictures at its events for use in its newsletter, website, social media sites and other marketing, as deemed appropriate. By attending this event, you consent to this activity and grant Host2Host unrestricted use of your image. If you do not agree, please do not attend the meeting.
Disclaimer: As part of our Meet-ups and other events, Host2Host may invite individuals to present information on topics of interest as a service to our members. The views they express are their own. Host2Host makes no recommendation or endorsement of the views presented.