Oregon City


625 Center St

Oregon City, OR 97045


Last updated: 10-1-2019



Are STRs Regulated?


Any Lodging Tax info?

Yes, for Clackamas County (see link)


Short Term and Vacation Rental Use Planning Commission recently heard testimony from several people regarding short term rentals such as HomeAway, Air B&B and Vacation Rental By Owner. Currently Bed and Breakfast use providing accommodation for less than thirty (30) days requires a Conditional Use permit, whether the house is entirely or partially rented out.

The Conditional Use application review process is lengthy and a significant expense (the 2018 review fee is $3,952.00 and also requires the submission of a Site Plan and Design Review application with a minimum review fee of $862.00). We therefore encourage the City Commission to consider a more streamlined review process for certain types of Bed and Breakfast uses. Such a process could be tailored to Oregon 3 City and adapted from what other Oregon Communities have adopted (e.g. Newport, McMinnville and others), including additional policies, criteria and procedures that could streamline the approval process for short­term vacation rentals and assure that homeowners have some flexibility to use their property in this manner, while providing assurances that any negative impacts on the character and livability of the adjacent residential neighborhood is taken into account and mitigated.

© 2024 Host2Host. All rights reserved. 

Host2Host® is a registered trademark of Host2Host.org, a member trade association for the short-term rental community.

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software