10722 SE Main St

Milwaukie, OR 97222


Last updated: 10-1-2019


Clackamas, Multnomah

Are STRs Regulated?

Yes, Milwaukie Municipal Code allows short-term and vacation rentals in residential areas within the City limits.

Any Lodging Tax info?

Yes, see notes and pertinent County link


"Taxes and Fees

  • Short-term rentals are considered a type of home occupation. Registration and payment of the City business tax are required for businesses operating in the City of Milwaukie, including shortterm rentals.
  • The business tax is $130 plus $9 per each full-time employee including the owner. Registration is effective January 1 through December 31 and must be renewed annually.
  • In addition, a $155.32 fee is charged for a permit that includes an inspection by the Building Official to ensure that the property meets fire and life safety standards. This fee is processed as a building permit even though building and construction is not necessarily required."
via City of Milwaukie STR PDF (see links below)
© 2024 Host2Host. All rights reserved. 

Host2Host® is a registered trademark of, a member trade association for the short-term rental community.

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software